A North Vancouver Community Unlike Any Other
Only minutes from every outdoor activity Vancouver has to offer. As well as, being only 30 minutes from Downtown Vancouver, The Cove gives you the best of both worlds. Living amongst the serene beauty of nature, yet being within minutes from many different amenities.
Get to Know The Cove
1. Outdoor recreational activities include:
- Hiking: The Baden Powell hiking trail begins in Deep Cove and runs throughout all of the North Shore Mountains, ending 48kms later in Horseshoebay. Quarry Rock is also a popular trail; it takes less than 1 hour to complete and gives you breathtaking views of the Indian Arm and the mountains around Belcarra. Click here to view the video.
- Water Activities: Explore the Indian arm in a canoe, kayak, boat, or even on your Paddle Board. Cates Park is also one of the few areas in Vancouver that allows you to spend a relaxing day on the water fishing. Click here to view the video.
- Biking: There are several groomed mountain bike trails at the base Seymour Mountain. As well, Deep Cove has a dedicated bike lane directly allowing you to ride your bike into Vancouver.
2. The Community: The Cove offers locals that small town vibe. The Cove community is a friendly and close-knit neighbourhood of people who take pride in where they live and collectively care about social responsibility, and preserving the earth’s natural beauty.
- Deep Cove holds an annual concert series in Cates Park, showcasing local artists and well-known names.
- The annual Deep Cove Days is an event not to be missed for locals. Local businesses come together to showcase the uniqueness of the Deep Cove community.
- Get to know The Cove a little better by taking a self guided walking tour. More Information here: http://bit.ly/1nfXw9a
3. Schooling: Deep Cove boasts two elementary schools, one of which is French immersion, along with one highschool. The goal for of all three schools is to teach their students about preserving the environment and social responsibility, on top of the regular curriculum. This means the students are able to get hands on learning experience when it comes to nature and outdoor activities. Deep Cove elementary school is also ranked 13th out of all elementary schools in British Columbia.
4. Recreational Activities for the Children: The Cove offers a dance studio, children’s drama school, piano studio and a taekwondo school. The marina in Cates Park also offers year round lessons and programs for both kids and teens. At parkgate community center there are lots of programs and activities for children as well as a public library. View the website here. There are many parks, playgrounds, beaches and a water park that are available all year round to the public.
5. Restaurants and Shopping: The Cove is known for having some of the best Doughnuts in Vancouver at Honey's. The Cove also offers many different local boutiques, a small shopping centre and various other local eats. View a list of some of the restaurants here.
6. Transportation times
- To Whistler: Under 2 hours
- To YVR: 40 Minutes to the Airport
- To Downtown Vancouver: 30 Minutes to the downtown core.
7. Grocery Stores: There is a Safeway and Super Value in Deep Cove and a Real Canadian Superstore 10 minutes from The Cove.
Living in Deep Cove gives you a unique opportunity to live amongst natural beauty and take part in any outdoor activity known to man. It’s a great little community for raising a family, retiring or for someone who enjoys the beauty of nature, while having all amenities close by. A one-of-a-kind living experience.